Feb 1, 2009

This Year's Oscar Winner

Yesterday I went to see Slumdog Millionaire. It was AWESOME! I knew it was going to be, even though a co-worker said it was over-hyped. She's over-hyped, so whatever.

LOST has me hooked on the beauty of Flash backs, so this movie was right up my alley. The Oscars are always a fun time, and this year the list of movies to go see is really short...
  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • Doubt
  • The Wrestler (if time)
  • Tropic Thunder

I saw Tropic Thunder on Friday night. It was not the best movie ever, it was a Ben Stiller movie, so take that for what it's worth. Sure, the idea of Robert Downey Jr.'s character was very funny, but what was NOT recognized and should have been, was Tom Cruise! I think Ben Stiller single handedly resurrected Tom Cruise's career. He plays a angry Studio Head and he's PERFECT for it. It's lots of makeup, and a fat suit, but there's also dancing, which is great! Tom Cruise was robbed. And I think the best supporting actor is a lock in for Heath Ledger, so the other 4 nominees don't really matter this year...

But, if I were to add a best actor nom, it would go to Robert Downey Jr. for Ironman. I don't know why I loved that movie so much, but I did!

No comments: